Qualifying Exams Prep Guide and Schedule
The qualifying exams can be a harrowing experience. But they are doable with enough study time and some luck. Click here for our homemade guide to passing the qualifiers!
Qualifying Exam Notes/Help From PAGSA Members
Email Jacob Morgan (email@example.com) for help, or to see notes from previous students who passed the quals.
Resources from outside UA that past students found helpful in passing the quals, including textbook PDFs and problem explanations. Any solutions shown are not guaranteed to be right. Please email Jacob Morgan (firstname.lastname@example.org) for access.
Books PAGSA members have found useful for studying:
- JR Taylor Classical Mechanics
- JD Griffiths Electrodynamics
- JD Griffiths Quantum Mechanics
- Charles Kittel Thermodynamics
- HB Callen Thermodynamics
Preliminary Exam Resources
- Preliminary exam advice (may change as more advice is compiled)